Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 12th of September, 2022
Acceptance of Terms
- You agree that you will only use the Website and Services if you do not reside within the United States of America.
Scope of Use
Modifications to Services
STFX may change or modify the Services at any time, without notice. STFX will use its best efforts to not materially reduce or eliminate any of the core functionalities of the Services, unless for scheduled maintenance or if we notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any) and/or by prominently posting notice of maintenance or changes on our Twitter & Discord accounts. STFX may change or modify the Service at any time. STFX shall make a reasonable effort to not materially diminish, reduce, or eliminate any of the core functionalities of the Service while undergoing a process to change or modify the Service; however, does not guarantee it will be able to preserve the Service during such a period.
License Grant from STFX
Unless otherwise agreed upon by you and STFX, any communications or material of any kind that your e-mail, post, or otherwise transmit through the Service, including data, performance, graphs, charts, prices, questions, comments, or suggestions (your “Communications”) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby grant to STFX a license to reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, or post your Communications either on the STFX website or elsewhere with no liability or obligation to you. STFX is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your Communications for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products using such information.
- You agree that you will not: (i) use any electronic communication feature of the Services or any third-party electronic communication provider used by STFX for communication purposes, for any purpose that is unlawful, tortious, abusive, intrusive on another’s privacy, harassing, libelous, defamatory, embarrassing, obscene, threatening or hateful; (ii) upload, post, reproduce or distribute any information, software or other material protected by copyright or any other intellectual property right (as well as rights of publicity and privacy) without first obtaining the permission of the owner of such rights; (iii) use the Services for any commercial purpose not expressly approved by STFX in writing; (iv) use the Services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise), defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such use of the Services. The foregoing provisions of this section are for the benefit of STFX, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents (which term includes but is not limited to STFX’s third-party service and content providers) and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf. STFX reserves the right to terminate your access to the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever, and you agree that STFX will not be liable to your or to any third party for any termination, suspension, or modification to your account.
- STFX reserves the right at all times to disclose any information it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion. Materials uploaded to the STFX may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information in any service. STFX does not control or endorse the third-party content, messages, or information found in the Services. STFX disclaims any liability regarding the Services, and any actions resulting from your participation in the Services. Managers and hosts are not authorized STFX spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of STFX.
- You may not license, sublicense, sell, lease, rent or otherwise make the Services available to any third-party.
- You will only invest in a vault or other financial instrument offered through the Services after carefully reviewing and assessing the terms of the investment, including any related private placement memorandum, subscription agreement and organizational documents as well as any information provided through the Services. In connection with any such investment, you will be solely responsible for complying with applicable law regarding any transaction, including without limitation the determination of whether any investor is qualified to invest in the offering, and whether any investment complies with the terms of local law (whether the law of the REPUBLIC OF MARSHALL ISLANDS or of any foreign government with jurisdiction over you or any investor). You understand that you must retain your own professional counsel as is appropriate to protect your interests, including legal, tax, accounting and other advice.
User Account, Password, Private Key and Security
Electronic (including wired and wireless) communications through the Services may not be encrypted. You understand and acknowledge the risk that data, including e-mail, and other communications, along with personal data, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated in this way. You have the option to complete a registration process by providing STFX with current, complete, and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. As part of this registration process you may be required to create a password and a username. If you wish to interact with the Services you will be required to connect a digital asset wallet and you represent that You have the requisite authority to connect the digital asset wallet to the Services. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your digital asset wallet and password and account, if any. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify STFX immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. YOU WILL NOT HOLD STFX LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF ANY MISUSE OF YOUR DIGITAL ASSET WALLET OR LOGIN INFORMATION, WHETHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE. You acknowledge that you may be held liable for losses incurred by STFX or another party due to someone else using your digital asset wallet, account, or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. If you choose to invest in certain vaults through the Services, you authorize STFX and/or it’s representatives to collect any required information, representations, or supporting documentation and evidence as required by the vault in question, and disclose it in connection with our provision of the Services. By agreeing to these Terms, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, you may neither open an account with STFX, nor use the Services provided by STFX. If STFX is notified of the existence of an account for a person under 18 years old, STFX will, in its sole discretion, close that account.
Charges and Fees
There will be no subscription fee associate with use of these Services. However, managers of vaults which You place funds into will keep a portion of the return. Your use of the Services constitutes consent to this arrangement. Additionally, STFX will keep a portion of the total vault and/or the return, as compensation for providing the Services. Your use of the Services constitutes consent to this arrangement. These amounts that the manager and STFX keep are subject to change and SFTX reserves the right to alter these amounts in any way without your notification, approval, consent, or knowledge. You may also be granted limited-functionality or limited-access to certain features, capabilities, functions, or services offered through or by the Services by participating in a trial, demo, or beta test. In no way are you guaranteed access to any part of the Services by participating in any trial, demo, or beta test. During the course of using the Service you may be required to pay fees to perform a transaction. You acknowledge and agree that STFX has no control over any transactions, the method of payment of any transactions, or any actual payments of such fees. In addition to any payments or fees required to access certain features, capabilities, functions, or services offered through or by the Services (“Charge(s)”), you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes and for all third-party hardware, software, service and/or other costs you may incur in order to access or use the Services. Many third-party service providers, such as an Application Programming Interface (“API”) service providers, may charge additional fees for the use of such API which may be required for you to use the Services provided by STFX. STFX is not responsible for any payments or fees that you may be responsible for by these API third-party service providers, other than what is contained within the payments you make to STFX for the Services.
You are solely responsible for any content (e.g., questions or comments or any other information or data) you submit to the Website (“User Content”) or in connection to your use of the Services. To the extent you submit User Content to the Website, you grant to us and to all other users a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully paid and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, translate, communicate to the public, create derivative works from, perform and display such User Content worldwide without restriction or compensation. Any User Content you contribute to the Website becomes public upon your submission of the information. User Content posted in the public areas of the Website may appear in public search results and may be accessed by everyone on the Internet, which you should take into consideration before submitting User Content to the public areas of the Website.
Third Party Service Providers
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links or other connections to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for such websites. Our inclusion of such links should not be construed as an endorsement of the material on such websites. You agree that your use of the Website to link to a third-party website is at your own risk, and that you will review and comply with any terms or privacy policies that pertain to such third-party websites.
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Users on the Website. While we may monitor claims that involve you and other Users, we have no obligation to become involved. If you become involved in such a dispute, then you release us from claims, demands, and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or connected with such dispute.
No Investment Advice or Recommendations
The information provided on the STFX website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of information a User should rely on before making an investment decision. STFX is not responsible for conducting any due diligence on behalf of Users with respect to any investment funds, related offering materials, or underlying investment instruments available through the Services. Users should not treat the information contained on the STFX website as such. Users must conduct their own due diligence and research prior to placing funds in a vault. Although STFX may provide information relating to potential investments and opportunities to buy or sell securities, you should not construe any market information, features, tools, or other content available through the STFX Service as legal, tax, investment, financial or other advice. Nothing contained in the STFX Service or any other content on the STFX website constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by STFX to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments. You understand that STFX is not the source of the market information, offering materials, or other such information and does not warrant its accuracy, and does not recommend or endorse any fund using the Services. You understand that the information available is to be used at Your own risk. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of the STFX Service, the STFX website, or any related service before making any decisions based on market information or content. In exchange for using the STFX Service, you agree not to hold STFX, its agents liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information made available to you through the STFX Service, the Website, or any related service. Unless pursuant to a separate agreement with a particular fund offered through the Services, are not responsible for verifying that that any User is accredited, is qualified to invest in a particular or any, or otherwise authorized or appropriate to invest in you, or for determining whether any use of the Services constitutes a general solicitation of securities under the securities laws of the United States, or the laws of any state or other jurisdiction, including foreign jurisdictions.
Governing Law; Arbitration
Limitation of Liability
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you believe that any content infringes any of your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing us with the information in writing as outlined in 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
The term STFX, along with any associated logos, are trademarks of STFX, all rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the STFX Website or within the Services are the property of their respective owners.